(link also in the menu above)
This is the most common level of editing and usually the most in-depth. During this level of editing, the manuscript is examined line by line.
what do I look for?
- Continuity and consistency of the plot, characters, and timelines
- Impossible moments: For example, your character has their hands full, so how are they able to pick that up?
- Basic fact-checking: This is not in-depth, but includes things like spelling of brand names or anything else that catches my eye.
- Dialogue: Does it sound natural?
- Noticeable repetitiveness of words or phrases
- Point of view consistency
- Sentence structure
- Chapter/scene breaks: Could there be a better, more engaging break?
- Grammar and punctuation
- Missing/incorrect words
read-throughs: 2-3 runs as needed
- Example: 60,000 word manuscript=$240
Combine this service with The Zero Hour to get a discount on both services. Learn more here!