(link also in the menu above)
The Story Tender wants to help authors tell their stories in the best possible way. Editing is a big part of the publishing process, and I strive to provide the best possible service for an affordable price.
what you can expect from me as your editor
- I edit within industry standards, using the guidelines set by The Chicago Manual of Style, the 17th edition.
- For American English, I use the Merriam-Webster dictionary, and for UK/Australian English, I use Lexico.
- I offer explanations and/or suggestions for issues I flag. While these are just suggestions, it’s my belief that if the author knows why I flagged something, it allows them to make a more informed choice.
- I often make “reader” comments along the way.
- Any feedback I have will be given with respect and constructively.
- I use Track Changes/MS Worr’s comments features for all edits.
- Please note, this form does NOT constitute a final agreement to work on your manuscript.
- I will contact you within 48 hours about scheduling. Once I send this email, your space on my schedule will be held for one week, unless other arrangements are made. If you wish to go ahead, please let me know within this 7-day period.
- Payment will be via PayPal only.
- Once scheduling is confirmed, a $50 deposit will be required for all services over that amount.
- An invoice will be sent after I have received your manuscript, based on your word count.
- Payment must be paid in full prior to my beginning work.
- If your package includes more than one read-through, I will send it back after the first. When you are done, just send it back and I will do the second.
Click below to read more about each service.
Please note: An additional fee of $50 will apply for quick deadlines.